Location: Clifford Allbutt Lecture theatre, Cambridge University Clinical School, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge. CB2 0SP
- Mr Andrew Barber, Consultant and Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Mr Paul Wilson, Consultant and Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Circus Dental Practice, Bath
This interactive course will consider the range of currently available dental adhesive systems and their applications for the various types of inlay/onlays and adhesive bridges. The longevity of adhesive restorations is explored and treatment planning of cases in small groups stimulates discussion and exchange of ideas and experiences.
- To revise the basic principles of adhesive dentistry and update knowledge of the range and efficacy of the various dental adhesives.
- To outline the different types of adhesive bridges, onlays and inlays available and indications for their use.
- To discuss the expected longevity of such restorations.
- To practise treatment planning clinical cases for adhesive restorations.
- Participants should understand the range of adhesive bridgework and inlay/onlay restorations available and their indications and current evidence base.
- Participants will have an opportunity to treatment plan clinical cases via group discussion and feedback.
- Participants should understand the range of dental adhesives currently available and their relative merits and clinical performance.